Well we did it! Relay for life. It was a lot of fun. Kyle and I ended up going from 6pm - 11:45pm on Friday the 21st. We did about 8 miles. Well 32 laps around a football field which they say is equal to 4 laps a mile. Kyle also donated blood while we were there. It was a great experience and was a sad one at the same. At night they did a ceramony where they lit candles around the field and for 90 minutes they named names of people that have died from cancer. The sad part was they had bags around the field that people put with words like, "we miss you mom" or "we miss you mom and dad" it's was a sad thing to see.. but kept me walking to support the cause. I am for sure going to do it next year.. but I'm going to go for the 20 hours instead of leaving. My legs were sore close to the end but it was well worth it!

The one above of course is Me and Kyle.. at this point we'd only done 1 1/2 miles.

The above picture is my sister-in-law in the blue shirt, kyle's next to her and I'm next to Kyle. Haha. you can really see a good shot of me. LOL. We had a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment