Monday, February 18, 2008

Walking for a Cause..

So I've taken an interest in walking for a cause.. I've enrolled in a couple of the walks that we have up here and have requested information about a lot of them. I am doing the Relay for Life in June. I'm signing up to do the Diabetes walk in October, and I'm going to do the March of Dimes walk in April. I did think about doing the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk, however I do not feel that you should be required to raise a certain amount of money to be able to walk. It is $90 to register as a walker and then I have to commit to raise $2200. I'm still contemplating it.. I would really like to do it.. I think it would be awesome to do 60 miles in 3 days. It really does give you a reason to keep going. I want to help as many people as I can. I think that is why we are all here. To help everyone along the way. I'm thankful that I have legs and the energy to walk.. and I think that me walking for a cause will be beneficial not only to me, but to the others I am walking for.

No comments: