Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Sad Day At Church..
I totally forgot to mention this that I had to post a quick post. It was sad. I thought instead of going to different wards every week I would try something new and go to the family ward in Seattle. Well I guess it was not the right day to go. As I took the free way exit I was trying to locate the church and as I was driving I saw a ton of people with signs.. saying, "Go Back to Utah" "We live in a Democracy" "What goes on in Utah stays in Utah" "Equal Rights". As I realized it was right outside the church building I pulled into the drive way and sat in the car a bit before going in. I was a bit surprised. I had no idea why they were holding the signs up. I called my mom who told me it's something to do with California's voting. I was like what does California have to do with Washington. I then got out of my car and went into the building.. as I was entering the building there were two men standing outside opening the door. I looked at one of them who was rolling their eyes and I said and this is my first day here. He later went on to tell me that it was Stake Conference. But it was an experience that felt so out of the norm and not cool. Hope all is well with everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isnt it crazy??? i just got done reading a four page article on it...Not to get all churchy...but the second coming is totally going to be here quicker that we think. Stay strong girl!!!
I hear you. I had been reading about the LA Temple and protestors, then yesterday at church we talked about it RS..only to discover that the gar rights did a whole nation ralley walk. It's insane. I find it interesting though that other religions are sticking up for us as well pointing out that their beliefs are the same.
Last days ... boy it's gonna be rough.
Post a Comment