Friday, July 31, 2015
Nextdoor
As if I do not have enough time already, recently I've decided to join the Board of Directors in our Home Owners Association as the Secretary. I think on a daily basis I do most secretary tasks that this fits me perfect! Just recently our neighborhood decided to launch up using this new site called Nextdoor! If you do not have it for your neighborhood I highly recommend it. Note, it's a great place to be adults and treat each other with respect. We've created groups within the neighborhood.. example would be Neighborhood Watch, we've got a Playdate group to get together with neighbors who have children, Etc. I like the calendar feature too where you can create events like a neighborhood BBQ! I don't think I thought about being so involved until recently but now that I've made the jump I think it's the best decision. Heck in the good ol days we used to go play outside and not worry that someone was going to steal us or anything of the sort. You were not afraid to help people or do favors. In today's world where we don't have time for anything it's nice to focus on those around you. Looking forward to getting to know my neighbors better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment