Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's Lefse Time

Oh my heck! I found the most amazing site just now and all of the pictures below are from that site. Guess what we did the whole day yesterday.. had fun! Got up at the crack of dawn and went to meet up with Kyle's parents at a park n ride and then we headed to Seattle.. one of the places we went to was a Kitchen store in Ballard because they sold Lefse grills and we planned on making Lefse. If you are wondering what Lefse is.. it's amazingly nummy! Kyle's heritage is Norwegian/Scandinavian and they still keep their traditions every year and make Lefse, Krumkake, and more. I will say it's one tradition that I will keep. As I am 1/4 German.. one of our things that we did as a kid was make Stolen. It was so much fun yesterday and I'm so glad that they still keep the tradition alive.



While we were at a Scandinavian store yesterday I also picked up some goodies! I love these things! Looking so forward to Christmas now so that we can eat all this good Norwegian food!





No comments: